How do I get my skirt replicated
Sock boots hypervenom you might do better with a professional costume maker for theatre or movies. They’re more used to doing all the details, as well as copying items. Example: all the suits that Richard Gere wore in Chicago were copied from an actual vintage suit that fit him like a glove.
posted by dirtynumbangelboy at 2:41 PM on August 23, 2007 [1 favorite]
1. There are dressmakers who specialize in copying designs based on photos. They often work on kids prom dresses and bridesmaids dresses and the like so you might try wedding shows to find them. Some of them are very good and some of them are very bad get photos of what they were copying and what the final product turned out like, in addition to references.
Cost depends a lot on how complicated a job it actually is. My guess would be more than $50 and less than $500 unless it’s very complicated.
2. Either or, depending. Given your constraints, you’ll probably want to supply it yourself, though the tailor may have suggestions on where to look for it. 4 or 5 would be a lot of yardage for a skirt, but if there’s significant pattern matching to be done across the plaid, it might get close to that. 3 should really be enough, but again, something the tailor could probably help you decide on. In any case, buy more rather than less unless it’s incredibly expensive fabric because running out sucks.
4. It’s slightly easier to create a new pattern by taking apart the old garment but isn’t really necessary especially for a skirt. nike magista obra cheap price As long as you’re very clear that you want it back intact, it should be fine.
posted by sock boots hypervenom jacquilynne at 3:12 PM on August 23, 2007
The one time I have needed a really good tailor, I went to the fancy department store (in my case Nordstrom), to the higherend women’s businesswear department, and asked them if they could recommend one.
posted by LobsterMitten at 4:58 PM on August 23, 2007
I had a purse with a fabulous pattern that I desperately wanted to replicate in a skirt. I uploaded pictures into Etsy, and within a day I had several people vying for the opportunity to create my dream skirt. You can check out their other creations to see if they are good enough, and away you go. The skirt turned out perfect, by the way.
posted by pigwidgeon at 5:01 PM on August 23, 2007
These folks clone jeans and nike magista obra cheap price shirts. Maybe worth a note to ask about skirts?
posted by yoga at 5:42 PM on August 23, sock boots hypervenom 2007
A dressmaker/seamstress/costumemaker might be more appropriate than a tailor. sock boots hypervenom Grommets won’t be a problem, they are readily availible. I think tailors tend to specialize in suits, so probably not a good choice for dealing with stretchy fabric and details like this.
1. Yes, if you can find the right person. Better if they are local, and make sure they know how to sew stretch fabrics. Ask to see some things they have done.
3. In person is better. Alternatives learn to sew, and to make patterns from clothing you already have. I don’t find copying patterns to be all that difficult, but everyone that sews who I’ve mentioned this to thinks I’m nuts sock boots hypervenom.